Sunday, December 13, 2009

Design Fundamental Final Project

We've been doing projects for the class throughout the semester. I've not been enjoying the cutting and pasting but the last two projects, we've been allowed to color/draw with oil pastels. Many of my classmates and I have developed an aversion to oil pastel because of its smudgy property and melts in our hands.

However, I am really resistant to give my final project that we have to emulate a 20th century Post-Modernist style. I chose Pop Art and doing a Santa Claus for Christmas might work--I'm not sure if we're supposed to simulate a famous artist's style (say make it comic book-y) or work with a theme.

I made a second piece that was a minimalist, and saw a simple piece with vertical bars in black paint.

Well it's either this Santa Claus close up or a green minimalist piece...?

No comments:

Post a Comment