Sunday, December 13, 2009

Flamenco Poster for Illustrator Class

I have been meaning to put this piece up for a while.

We were made to create a poster for our final project in Illustrator class. I decided to do one on a Flamenco event, and researched on the internet to see what other event posters looked like. They were all very busy with floral and vine ornamentation.

I originally wanted to do a black and gold piece because I've been hooked onto Sam Sparro's song. Also used Fabian Perez's painting for the illustrator work. I kept a little red (magenta) for the feel of Spanish FLamenco.

There is a longer story about how I got to this final composition, but I just made sure there were lines along the neck of the dancer and the red swish to point to the information of the event and try to keep all the elements of the piece to relate to each other.



I'm more worried about my other final project for Design Fundamentals... argh!

1 comment: