Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin Patch!

The beginning of fall means: crisp cool winds, all spice, thick clothes and pumpkins! It's a fitting beginning for my first post of my blog. Autumn was my favorite season in Japan because of the slowing down of life in the city, rustle of trees from the winds and the gradual glow of orange, red and yellow leaves.

For Sheryll's birthday, we decided to go to a pumpkin patch! Another first of Firsts: I had to drive the car 3 hours! It was fun, though isn't so nice when you've got cars cutting in front. Sucks even more if you don't know the frickin' way!

First thing you notice at the pumpkin patch is... the smell. It smells like poo-poo! Maybe not necessarily as bad as cow poo-poo but you smell the "aroma" as soon as you get out. Once that's in your system you find the wide field of pumpkins!

As I hear, this particular pumpkin patch has more than just the field of pumpkins! It's got stores galore, piles of different colored/sizes of pumpkins, inflatable slide/bouncy castle, display of antique farm EQ.


I love this last photo just because it has a Where Is Wally feeling. There was a little baby girl who was watching me, and looking at little Toshi (the Ochibo) I was carrying and taking photographs of.

No comments:

Post a Comment