Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

The pelting rains that totally drowned out Sacramento yesterday and this mornings were the downs to living here. I am SO not ready for heavy rains with the cold, especially here.

Driving to school yesterday wasn't quite the disaster people made it out to be, but the mist-spray of water behind cars on the highway did scare me quite a bit. The tires losing grip on an incline and the strong gusts of wind that are able to jerk the car to the side were terrifying as well.

I got to ARC and parts of the parking lot and open hallways were flooded (not as high as the infamous ISM flooding in the old Bel Air campus) but you could see all the fallen branches and toppled trees all around school. Janitorial service personnel would groan for a good week or so. (On a side note, I laughed when Tita Boots wanted to grab the metal fences bordering the back of the WinCo. "We need a metal fence!" she says :p)

This mornings rain was pretty bad, but no more winds. I bought my trench, umbrella and a pashmina to make sure I'm covered and insulated from the rain and cold. By the time I reached school in the afternoon, it was warm and humid and clear! It was the perfect weather to have a study group outside! Meh....

The good news of it all is that the ground got a good, good, GOOD soak :p

And I was able to spend time at the yarn store learning about crocheting. I will make myself SOCKS mwahaha! I wanted to crochet myself a blanket, but that might wait. I might as well just get my fleece blankets from back home--or something :p

My cookies will not last if I bring them to class to snack on. People have been moaning at the smell of chocolate and asking for some :(

No comments:

Post a Comment